If you’re a Filipino citizen living in Bangkok, it’s essential to know where the Philippine embassy is located and the services it offers. The embassy serves as the official representative of the Philippine government in Bangkok, Thailand, providing consular services to Filipino citizens.
Services Offered by the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok
The Philippine embassy in Bangkok offers various services to Filipino citizens, including passport renewal, visa application, civil registration, notarial and authentication, and travel documents issuance. Below are some details on each service:
Filipino citizens who need to renew their passports while in Bangkok can do so at the Philippine embassy. Here are the requirements for passport renewal:
- Accomplished ePassport Application Form.
- Most recent expiring or expired ePassport with photocopy of data page.
- For lost valid ePassport, submit Affidavit of Loss with attached police report.
- Two colored passport size photos (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) taken within three months of the application date.
- Photocopy of Thai Resident Certificate (a.k.a Yellow Book).
- Payment of THB 1,300.00.
Note that applicants must schedule an appointment online before going to the embassy.
Filipino nationals who plan to visit the Philippines must obtain a visa before entering the country. Here’s how to apply for a Philippine visa in Bangkok:
- Fill out an online visa application form.
- Schedule an appointment for the submission of requirements.
- Required documents may vary depending on the purpose of the visit. Generally, applicants need to submit a passport, return ticket, proof of financial capacity, and other supporting documents.
- Pay the visa fee. The cost varies depending on the type of visa.
After submitting the requirements, you will be given a receipt with the release date of your passport. Processing time may take up to 10 working days.
The Philippine embassy in Bangkok also provides services related to civil registration, including the registration of births and marriages, and issuance of death reports. Filipinos who wish to register their vital events can do so by submitting the following requirements:
- For birth registration: accomplished Report of Birth Form, original and photocopy of the child’s Thai Birth Certificate, and original and photocopy of parents’ marriage contract.
- For marriage registration: accomplished Report of Marriage Form, original and photocopy of the Thai Marriage Certificate, and original and photocopy of the spouse’s passport and visa.
- For death report: accomplished Report of Death Form, original and photocopy of the Thai Death Certificate, and original and photocopy of the deceased’s passport.
Notarial and Authentication
Filipino citizens who need notarial and authentication services can also avail themselves of these at the Philippine embassy. These services include acknowledging documents such as special powers of attorney, affidavits, and consularization/authentication of documents issued in the Philippines.
Travel Documents Issuance
Filipino citizens who lost their passports while in Bangkok or cannot obtain a new one due to an ongoing legal process can apply for a travel document at the Philippine embassy.
Assistance Provided by the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok
Apart from the services mentioned above, the Philippine embassy in Bangkok also provides assistance to Filipino nationals who encounter problems while in Thailand. The embassy offers legal assistance, repatriation services, and temporary shelter to distressed Filipinos.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Philippine embassy in Bangkok:
- What are the working hours of the Philippine embassy in Bangkok? The embassy is open from Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, except on holidays.
- How do I make an appointment for passport renewal or visa application? You can schedule an appointment online through the embassy’s website.
- What should I do if I lost my passport while in Bangkok? Report the loss to the nearest police station and then apply for a travel document at the Philippine embassy.
- How long does it take to process a visa application? Processing time may take up to 10 working days.
Contact Information for the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok
If you need to contact the Philippine embassy in Bangkok, here are their contact details:
- Address: 760 Sukhumvit Road corner Soi Philippines (Soi 30/1) Bangkok 10110 Thailand
- Phone: 66 2 259 0139 to 40
- Fax: 66 2 259 2809
- Email: [email protected]
Working Hours and Holidays of the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok
The Philippine embassy in Bangkok is open from Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, except on holidays. Here’s a list of holidays observed by the embassy:
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Songkran (Thai New Year) – April 13-15
- Labor Day – May 1
- Philippine Independence Day – June 12
- Asahna Bucha Day – July 24
- Her Majesty the Queen’s Birthday – August 12
- National Heroes Day – August 30
- Chulalongkorn Day – October 23
- All Saints’ Day – November 1
- Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday – November 19
- Bonifacio Day – November 30
- Christmas Day – December 25
- Rizal Day – December 30
Location and Directions to the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok
The Philippine embassy in Bangkok is located at 760 Sukhumvit Road corner Soi Philippines (Soi 30/1), Bangkok 10110, Thailand. Here are some directions on how to get there:
- By BTS: Take the BTS SkyTrain to Phrom Phong Station, Exit 2. From there, take a taxi or motorcycle taxi to the embassy.
- By MRT: Take the MRT Subway to Sukhumvit Station. From there, take a taxi or motorcycle taxi to the embassy.
- By car/taxi: The embassy is along Sukhumvit Road, between Soi 30 and 32.
News and Updates from the Philippine Embassy in Bangkok
To keep updated with news and events from the Philippine embassy in Bangkok, you can visit their website or follow them on social media. You can also subscribe to their newsletter for regular updates on consular services and other embassy-related matters.
Knowing the services offered by the Philippine embassy in Bangkok is crucial for Filipino nationals living in Thailand. Whether you need to renew your passport, apply for a visa, or seek assistance, the embassy is ready to assist you. By following the requirements and procedures set by the embassy, you can ensure that your application will be processed smoothly and efficiently.