The Filipino Community in Thailand is invited to watch the live-streaming of Bayanihan ng Bayan:Anong Taya Mo Para Sa Bayan events from 25 to 28 January 2012 at www.ptv.ph.
The events were organized by the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) in partnership with the EDSA People Power Commission (EPPC) in response to the needs of our kababayans in Northern Mindanao. Other government agencies such as the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), the Department of Health (DOH), the Department of Education (DepEd), and the National Youth Commission (NYC) have also pledged to take part in the events.
President Benigno S. Aquino III will participate in the activities specifically in the Presidential Lunch and Caucus with Local Government Unit Heads on 25 January 2012.
Following is the complete schedule of events:
25 January 2012
7:30AM-9:00AM : Opening ProgramVenue: Mindanao State University/Iligan Institute of Technology
Description: Messages coming from officials and Organizers will be addressed to the guests and volunteers coming from different parts of the country. The volunteers will be gathered and briefed on the schedule of activities for the day.
9:00AM-12:00NN: Clean Up and BuildVenue (Clean Up): Highway Venue (Build): Sta. Elena Relocation Site
Description: Volunteers will be dispatched to the sites for the clean up and build. The build will be spearheaded by the EPPC, Pilipinas Natin!, Gawad Kalinga, and DSWD in Sta. Elena. The clean-up will be led by the Local Government Unit in the highway of Iligan City.
12:00NN-2:30PM: President’s Lunch with the LGU HeadsVenue: Iligan Municipal Hall (TBA)
Description: A political caucus will be attended by mayors and governors with the President
2:30PM-4:00PM: Kids’ Birthday PartyVenue: Mindanao State University
Description: 2,000 kids will celebrate their “day of birth.” Cupcakes and candles will be given to the children before making their wishes.
4:00PM-5:30PM: Ground Zero and Sky Lanterns CeremonyVenue: Iligan Bridge
Description: Inter-religious groups will participate and offer their prayers at the hardest hit area of Iligan City.
Sky lanterns will be lit as a symbol of their prayers for the victims of Sendong.
5:30PM-6:00PM: Mobilization of the participants to Mindanao State University (MSU)
6:30PM-9:00PM: Concert Venue: MSU
Description: A concert will be held for the volunteers and guests to cap off the activities for the day. This will feature artists who will rally the people to volunteer in building of the affected areas.
26 January 2012, Iligan
• Continuation of Build & Clean-up (Other activities will be offered to evacuees as well)• Feeding Activity
• Sharing of stories from evacuation site, sendong victims, LGU leadership stories, volunteerism stories, & pscyhotrauma debriefing
27 January 2012, Iligan
• NYC will lead the youth festival in Iligan. • Activities include dance workshop, photography workshop, acting/theater workshop, face painting, “pangkabuhayan” led by Ladlad Partylist, and sports workshop.
• Cultural presentations that will include recital of the dance and acting participants, display of photos taken by participants, and sky lanterns will be lit at the end of the program.
28 January 2012, Cagayan de Oro
• NYC will lead the youth festival in Cagayan de Oro.• Activities include dance workshop, photography workshop, acting/theater workshop, face painting, “pangkabuhayan” led by Ladlad Partylist, and sports workshop.
• Cultural presentations that will include recital of the dance and acting participants, and display of photos taken by participants.