PRESS RELEASEON THE
2012 FOREIGN SERVICE OFFICERS EXAMINATIONS
The Board of Foreign Service Examinations (BFSE) will conduct the Foreign Service Examinations (FSO Exams) for 2012 on the following dates:
Part I – Qualifying Test – 19 February 2012 Part II – Prequalifying Interview – 31 March 2012* Part III- Written Test – 04 to 06 April 2012* Part IV- Psychological Test – 25 to 29 June 2012* Part V – Oral Test – 29 to 31 August 2012*
To be eligible to apply for the FSO Exams, an applicant must:
1. Citizenship – Be Filipino citizen and currently permanent residents of the Philippines;2. Age – Be less than thirty-five (35) years of age on the day of the Qualifying Test, which will be on 19 February 2012;
3. Education – Have obtained at least a four (4) year Bachelor’s degree on or before the prescribed due date of submission of requirements.
Applicants are advised to check the eligibility requirements to ensure that they meet the said admission requirements. No exemptions from the requirements shall be considered.
Application forms can be submitted at the Embassy in Bangkok not later than 05 January 2012. No applications shall be accepted beyond the set deadline. A non-refundable fee of THB350.00 shall be collected upon inspection and acceptance of the application form and its attachments. Applications with incomplete documentary requirements shall not be accepted.
Application forms can be downloaded from the DFA website: http://www.dfa.gov.ph. More information on the FSO Exams and the functions of an FSO may be downloaded from http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/newsroom/announcements.
The following documents should be attached to the application form:
1. A Certified True Copy – CTC – of the transcript of records from the college or university bearing the seal of the colleague or university where the degree was obtained. For applicants who attended post-graduate schools, applicants shall also submit a CTC of their transcript of records, in addition to their college of university records. Transcript of records obtained from a foreign school shall be CTC’d by the foreign school, with English translation, or duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy;
2. CTC of diploma or certificate of graduation from the college or university from which the degree was obtained. For applicants who attended post-graduate schools, he/she must submit a copy of the diploma or certificate of graduation CTC’d by the school, in addition to the college diploma. Note that diplomas or certificates of graduation obtained from a foreign school shall be CTC’d by the foreign school, with English translation, or duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy;
3. Original birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO). In case the original birth certificate issued by the NSO is not available, a Report of Birth at Post duly authenticated by the issuing Post along with a certification of non-availability of said birth certificate may be submitted. Following are additional requirements for:• Naturalized Filipino citizen – a copy of his/her Philippine naturalization papers or Philippine passport;• Applicants with dual or multiple citizenships – a notarized affidavit stating that upon passing the examinations, applicant intends to renounce his/her allegiance to all of his/her countries of citizenship. He/she must also submit a notarized affidavit stating that he/she is a permanent resident in the Philippines;
• Married women – a CTC of the marriage contract from NSO. For applicants married to a foreigner, the applicant must secure an authority from the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, through the BFSE, to take the FSO Exams;
4. Eight (8) pieces 1-1/2in x 2in black and while or color studio-taken photographs, taken within six months before the date of the examination, showing the full frontal view of the face of the applicant with a name tag (i.e. Juan M dela Cruz, Jr) (Note that photocopied and scanned digitally enhanced pictures shall not be accepted);
5. Two self-addressed and self-stamped envelopes marked as priority mail; and
6. Photocopy of valid identification card.